Home Forums Forum 30 Minutes To Better Blasting What did you learn?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anthony Konya 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anthony Konya
    Keymaster

Hey guys,

I would love it if everyone could quickly post something that they learned from the 30 Minutes to Better Blasting Webinar that you think will help you. This way we can help bring you content that we know you will want to see. It can be as simple as one word or as long as you want!

Thank you guys for the feedback and let me know if I can help you guys in any way.

gfrink
    Participant

I appreciated the discussion of more-recent detonation and blast processes theory relating to the [20%] shock energy and [80%] gas energy and radial cracking and flexural failure, with radial cracks joining with flexural failure cracks to achieve efficiency in fragmentation. The discussion on stiffness ratio was enlightening in the sense that it showed errors in the 18th Edition Blaster’s Handbook, which I had taken at face value. Spacing ratio is something I subconsciously paid attention to but never bothered to put a number to it. I think I will, now.

Anthony Konya
    Keymaster

Thank you for the response Mr. Frink! We are glad you enjoyed the content and learn some new principals!

Ctomlin
    Participant

I learned that cracks travel at .2 to .3 times the sonic velocity of the rock and that a lot of us old guys should ‘freshen up’ on what we know.
    How is Judy doing?

Anthony Konya
    Keymaster

Glad to hear that you learned something!
    She is doing well

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.